Anesidora 1.10 (Update: released)
The upcoming Anesidora 1.10 is quite a big release – especially for the Mac App Store (MAS) version.
Besides new features and bugfixes I've completely changed the business model for the App Store version of the app. The main reason is that the sales are completely flat and are a disaster from the financial point of view. Even with Two Dollar Tuesday promotion they barely covered the cost of proxy servers for users outside the U.S.
There are many reasons for that state of affairs: piracy, no reviews, shitty marketing to name a few. The recipe for success is to give the app more momentum with free downloads.
For that reason Anesidora for MAS will be available for free with optional in-app purchases (I borrowed the “tip" model, similar to a really cool Reddit client for iOS – Apollo) called Anesidora Pro that will unlock some new, old and upcoming features. So basically you can download the app and use it for free. If, for example, you want to set a global shortcut to like a song – choose one from the three available in-app purchases and unlock all features. Really simple.
Of course all existing users will receive the new functionality for free.
There is still one important feature that distinguishes the version downloaded from my website- window with song lyrics.
Anesidora 1.10 Changelog:
- The app is available for download for free from the Mac App Store with optional in-app purchase that unlocks Anesidora Pro. With Anesidora Pro you can edit station, scrobble listened music and set global hotkeys to control the player. Expect more features in nearby future.
- Edit station (MAS version requires Anesidora Pro). You can edit selected or currently playing station – rename it and add more sources
- Search displays artist/album covers (wyniki wyszukiwania pokazują okładki)
- The app is more responsive
- Some animations are smoother
Version 1.10 is live on the Mac App Store.